The Yarmouth Community Center (YCC), under the organizational framework of Yarmouth Cares About Neighbors (YCAN), is planning a community center to provide a centralized hub for services, resources and fellowship. The intent is to create a dedicated space to integrate an excellent but currently fragmented array of programs and services, as well as provide a welcoming space for people of all ages to gather.
VISION & ASSUMPTIONS
- a friendly welcoming community center in a centrally located, easy to access village location
- ample parking and accessible design
- a gathering place for all ages, with café amenities, wifi, kitchen and flexible use space to accommodate changing needs
- large multipurpose, multigenerational space for gatherings, classes, functions and rentals
- a centralized hub for offices and programs of YCAN, Food Pantry, Community Services, General Assistance, and Medical Loan Closet operations
- creative partnerships with the Town of Yarmouth, Yarmouth businesses and nonprofits
- YCC 9600 sf +/-
- parking: 50 cars, plus area shared (two-way) and on-street parking
- loading and delivery doors necessary for Food Pantry and Medical Loan
- March 2016: YCAN charges YCC Steering Committee with planning.
- September 2016: Community Needs Assessment completed (see report)
- 2016-2017: Site Selection and fundraising/budgeting
- 2017: Explore partnerships with Town of Yarmouth and beneficial relationships with private or non-profit sector.
- 2017: Develop marketing and publicity materials to share with the community.
YCC Steering Committee Members
- Horace Horton
- Barbara Horton
- Beth Costello
- Cathy Gavin
- Bill Goddard
- Maura Halkiotis
- Charlie Horstmann
- Lynn Hynes
- Leigh Kirchner
- Jack Moore
- Peter Small
- Sarah Witte
- Karyn MacNeill – Town of Yarmouth Liaison